Do you have a passion to install, deploy, service and maintain mission critical IT infrastructure in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cloud data centers?
Are you looking to expand your horizon in an exciting and dynamic work environment that encourages creativity and boundless opportunities for career development?
Do you enjoy solving problems and delivering value-adding results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Amazon Web Services Data Center is the place to be!
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting-edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
You will be assigned as an intern where you will have exposure to learn and understand how our Data Center works, interact with our support teams and customers. Experience the latest technologies of our cloud that puts you among top talents of data center technical support teams.
As an intern, your progression will be evaluated to see if you have what it takes to join our successful team and be a full time Amazonian.
What You Will Do
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will be trained in are:
- Perform Data Center Servers and Network systems installation and configurations.
- Perform hardware diagnostics and troubleshoot all Systems hardware and Network related problems.
- Perform intermediate level Linux OS troubleshooting.
- Perform intermediate level Network configuration troubleshooting.
- Perform replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices.
- Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks.
- Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently.
- Work with multiple internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) and be a good team player.
- Work with external/3rd party vendors and contractors to achieve organization needs.
- Adhere to DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines.
- Practice and enforce Amazons' Security and Safety best practices.
- Share ideas and contribute to projects to improve DC work environment and to improve DC operational efficiencies.
- Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Center rollout.
- Understands operational metrics and drives actions to achieve the targets.
- This is an opportunity where the candidate will work with local and/or global Data center teams as needed.
- As a Data Center Technician Intern, he/she will be working with Site stationed DCO, DCEO, Logistics and Security team to support small- and large-scale projects and support activities like DC Audits (Rack, Server, parts etc.), cycle counts etc.
- He/She also will be working on Software development projects for Singapore Infrastructure teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- In pursuit of obtaining an Electrical & Electronics, Computer Engineering, Information & Digital Technologies diploma or certification and expected to graduate in 2022.
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Basic knowledge of system hardware and network concepts & devices.
- Having troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Good written & verbal communication and team player skills.
- Basic knowledge of data centers and cloud computing technologies and services.
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience of server operation system level development, familiar with server hardware components and basic troubleshooting.
- Experience of networking setup and configuration.
- Knowledge of programming language i.e., Python, Perl, Shell Scripting is a plus but not a must.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Information Technology
- Closing Date:11th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm