What we’re looking for:
- Penultimate year Undergraduate/Master’s student with outstanding academic achievement
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background would be advantageous
- Strong interest in global financial markets and factors that impact them
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
- For some roles in Global Markets, coding skills are desired but not mandatory. Please try your best to answer the two coding challenges in the video interview but if you are unable to do so, you may skip to the end. Be sure to complete your video interview submission if you are skipping the coding challenges.
Global Markets provides banking products and services through Bank of America and trading and other broker-dealer products and services, including research through BofA Securities. Our institutional clients are across fixed-income credit, commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets. We also work with our commercial and corporate clients to provide risk management products using interest rate, equity, credit and commodity derivatives, fixed-income and mortgage-related products.
To support our institutional investor clients globally in their investing and trading activities, the Global Markets team provides financing, securities clearing, settlement and custody services. We also work with our commercial and corporate clients to provide foreign exchange products.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Assist on sales, trading, and hedging activities
- Assess market trends and provide quantitative data for clients
- Perform market and quantitative research analysis
- Help originate, structure, and model transactions
- Assist in structuring, pricing, and executing trades
- Assist in building knowledge of clients' investment needs, assess market trends and macroeconomic themes, and help create appropriate solutions to meet clients' needs
- Assist in providing quantitative data and succinct, comprehensive explanations of complex concepts to clients
- Work with teams to develop marketing presentations that create interest in fixed income and Equity products and develop new business
- Assist in developing new products and bringing them to market
- Assist in educating clients about complex structures and technical products
Depending on location, Summer Analysts are either hired and placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship program or rotate through two or three different desks. Placement is determined after the hiring process matching the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst.
- Global Equities
- Cash Equities & Derivatives
- Execution Services
- Global Markets Financing and Services
- Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities
- Global Credit Products
- Global Commodities
- Global Rates & Currencies
- Global Loans & Special Situations
- FICC Sales & Structuring
The Summer program is a 10-week program designed to provide Summer Analysts with a unique opportunity to gain an exposure to life at Bank of America and also make significant contributions to the team. The Summer Program begins with an orientation and induction to the firm. Summer Analysts are given a true associate experience, as assignments mirror full-time responsibility and include goal-setting and a formal review process.
- Access to the bank’s learning hub containing a variety of learning resources, ranging from banking fundamentals to communication skills
- Structured and on-the-job training
- Networking and social opportunities
- Speaker series with senior management across all lines of business
- Corporate Social Responsibility project/learning
- Involvement in Diversity and Inclusion training/events
- Consideration for full-time employment upon graduation
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Application Deadline: October 8 2023
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Banking and Finance, Engineering Software, Information...
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:26th Nov 2023, 3:59 pm