What's Global Data all about?
Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, analyze, and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets. We collaborate with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fuelling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive. We also apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technological solutions to enhance our systems and processes.
What’s the role?
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive 2-week training program giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector (i.e. Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives)
- Exposure to and interaction with key market players in the financial industry
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers through interaction with market players/clients as well as Sales, News and other business units
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases and processes
- Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better- informed decisions
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
What do we look for?
- Bachelor's degree (or expected to graduate in 2019) in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or any related discipline, with up to 2 years of work experience
- Strong passion and drive to actively challenge the status quo and seek improvements for the product
- Solid application of financial knowledge in prior coursework or work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skill
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin preferred
We’d also love to see:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Financial Engineering, CFA, FRM or equivalent
- Experience in applying market knowledge and converting financial data into meaningful analysis for evaluating performance of economy/stocks/financial products
- Knowledge or experience in computer programming or statistical analysis such as VBA, R, Python or SQL
- Experience in process engineering and relevant technology such as Visio
Does this sound like you?
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Investment Banking
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2019, 3:59 pm