Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages $2.3 trillion in assets with $45.5 trillion under custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself.
Risk and Compliance Details
Risk & Compliance, the organization led by the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), oversees and challenges BNY Mellon’s management of risk and compliance. The CRO has a direct reporting line to both the CEO and the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
Risk & Compliance interns have the opportunity to experience and participate with global teams in real-world risk management and compliance functions. Examples of placements include Credit Risk, Enterprise-wide Risk, Model Risk, business-line risk, Compliance, Ethics Office, Technology Risk Management, Treasury Risk and others.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop skills of SIP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working collaboratively on teams in Securities Services and Digital.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Background and understanding of BNY Mellon
- Impactful and challenging internship assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders, and executives
- Exposure and interaction with different business functions
- Fundamental trainings for professionals in financial services
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
Program at a Glance:
- 10-week summer internship assignment within Securities Services and Digital combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects
- Five-day in-person orientation/onboarding and training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and dedicated program support
- Opportunities to enhance and develop technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, and build networks across the organization
- Programs and shadowing opportunities to learn about different job functions
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support
- Commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
- Rising senior during summer 2024;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better;
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $37,440 and $72,500 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:24th Nov 2023, 3:59 pm