Do you love establishing relationships and working with people? Do you like using data to resolve problems? If so, then you may be interested in our Market Associate Internship. Our Market Associate Interns work with our hotel partners to ensure we’re building strategic relationships that will drive demand to our supply partners worldwide.
The Market Associate Intern’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Expedia’s hotel product is competitive, attractive, and meaningful for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base. Market Associates will continuously work with their hotel partners to help them improve the distribution potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace. This role will aid internal management teams and key supply partners in identifying, implementing, and executing strategic initiatives which improve key business metrics. This is not a marketing internship.
What You’ll Do:
- Effectively consult with hotel partners to secure competitive rates and deliver improved metrics; improve product competitiveness through effective price negotiations
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to improve customer conversion
- Evaluate market trends and competitor activity through market analysis
- Implement strategies which ensure reasonable pricing for your customers
- Review the quality of rates, inventory, and content on Expedia sites against competitors
- Prospect new hotels and/or regional chains
- Participate in contract negotiations as needed
- Support the process of onboarding new partners
- Educate current partners on the full use of Expedia’s products and tools
- Demonstrate the passion to be on of one of the most exciting teams at Expedia
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
- Anticipated graduation in 2019 or 2020
- Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year of study
- Eligibility to work in China
- Drive for results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
Your Internship will include:
- Dedicated support from a manager and mentor for the summer
- Social events, community events and learning events
- Hotel Discounts
You’ve applied, now what?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited for a final interview. We appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting soon.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Beijing (China), Guangzhou...
- Closing Date:22nd Jan 2019, 1:00 am