HomeAway Business Analyst (Emerging Markets) Intern - Singapore
HomeAway is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Analytic team based in Singapore. This role will be responsible for creating report and providing actionable insights across various functional teams. The goal of the Analytic team is to identify, define, and drive focus on the company’s KPI metrics, provide visibility into trends, and initiate improvement to drive growth.
A successful candidate will have a strong analytical and consultative mindset, thorough understanding of data and visualization, and a strong business acumen. The candidate will be someone who is passionate about learning business and leveraging data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive company’s key business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Become a HomeAway data guru, analyze internal and external complex datasets to identify business opportunities and data insights
- Strong storytelling capabilities that are demonstrated through cutting edge visualizations with tools such as Tableau, to communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders with the key takeaways based on the analysis
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses through analytical rigor, leading to key business metrics that drive the critical business decisions
- Involve in ETL processes, develop data models and other strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and maintain data quality
- Proven ability to interact with business teams and convey analytical results into simplified and actionable reports
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams globally and drive results to improve current processes and systems
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in analytical related fields, with 2+ years of related work experience required
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems and communicating easily understood recommendations to business stakeholder
- Fast learner and ability to reach power-user status on multiple tools quickly
- Manage commitments and juggle priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient with writing performant queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and billion row datasets in big data environments
- Understanding of Clickstream data and ability to extract and analyze event data with raw BQ or GA UI
- Detail oriented and capable of working with precise concepts such as financial reporting as well as comfort with ambiguity and able to discern requirements
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, Hive, R, and Python
- Familiarity & experience with eCommerce, web analytics and big data platforms a strong plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2019, 3:59 pm