HomeAway Partner Success (Sales) Intern
HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 1.2 million listings in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway ANZ is a dynamic business unit focused on establishing HomeAway as a leader within vacation rental market, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Sales Intern is primarily responsible for operational considerations related to the performance of a series of listings within an assigned portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Optimize property listing for increased conversion with property owners
- Review property listings content, working with owners to improve the quality
- Review listing pricing and availability
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
- Other duties as may be assigned as required
There will be three main components to this Internship Program:
Training: various training sessions, inclusive of business skills training and HomeAway-specific trainings Project: the project will be assigned within the first 2 weeks of the internship. Interns will be asked to complete the assignment and make a presentation during the last few weeks of the program. Understanding Daily Tasks: learn, understand, and experience first-handedly the daily tasks of the HomeAway Partner Success team.
This role is the foundation of the Partner Success teams’ responsibility, which is to ensure that HomeAway’s global customers always find the most suitable property for their trip wherever they want to go, and that our partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach HomeAway’s unique breadth of global traveler demand.
Supervision to Be Exercised: None
Supervision to Be Received: Senior Account Manager and Director
Who you are:
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Preference will be given to penultimate year students
Drive for Results:
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Demonstrate ability to work based on a variety of KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing:
- Proficiency in English
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to:
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams:
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, ensuring the whole team wins
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2019, 3:59 pm