Intern - Logistics Operations
Site Name: Singapore - Rochester Park
Posted Date: Aug 4 2022
Hiring Manager: Global Logistics Operations
Period of Internship Required: Jan 2023 – June 2023
Preferred School/Course of Intern: NUS – Science – Data Science & Analytics (DSA) / NUS Business (6 months Full-time) / SMU – School of Computing & Information Sysems (MITB) – Analytics / Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management with Minor / SUTD – Engineering Systems & Design (ES) Business Analytics & Operations Research, Supply Chain Logistics
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
We are looking for an intern to assist the Regional Global Logistics team in the LENC (Legal Entity Name Change) activities as well as supporting the customs brokerage programme roll out. The intern will work under the supervision of the Regional Global Logistics Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to collaborate with other supply chain functions, including sites, supply planning, markets and trade compliance.
You will be required to:
- Create and update the dashboard on the LENC (Legal Entity Name Change) status related to global logistics activities.
- Review and ensure update master data and documents relating to the LENC are updated
- Work with cross-functional teams, i.e., supply planning and markets, on understand the impact to supply chain due to the change
- Work with markets on current tariff codes used for importation.
- Work with Global Trade Compliance and Regional Trade Compliance CoE on tariff codes discrepancies
You will be able to:
- Understand the shipping (both air and sea) landscape and the challenges.
- Understand the impact to supply chain due to LENC.
- Understand the basic of trade compliance.
- Build communication skills.
- Build cross-functional teamwork collaboration skills.
- Build on presentation skills.
- Understand the working culture of different countries.
We are looking for students who have these business skills & competencies:
- Business Skills and Competencies
- Education in Data Science and Business Analytics
- Knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications e.g. Power BI, Excel
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, self-driven
- Analytical and attention to details
- Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams
Prior to shortlisting, we will be dropping you a call to ask for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, as we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Logistics and Supply Chain
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.