Intern - Research & Development
Site Name: Singapore - Rochester Park
Posted Date: Aug 4 2022
Hiring Manager: Consumer Science and Product Understanding, R&D
Period of Internship Required: Jan 2023 – July 2023
Preferred School/Course of Intern: Preferably Food science, Life science or similar disciplines
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
We are looking for an intern to assist Consumer Science and Product Understanding R&D in delivering innovation programs for Haleon R&D. The Industrial Placement student will work under supervision of the Consumer Science and Product Understanding Lead and collaborate with other functions of commercial, innovation, manufacturing, medical, regulatory, insights and R&D scientists in the company to provide appropriate and timely input into our innovation program.
You will be required to support the Consumer Science and Product Understanding team in undertaking consumer research, data analysis & innovation workshops, including evaluating & summarizing consumer and sensory data. Key responsibilities include:
- Landscaping: understanding consumer, competitor, product trends to generate new insights and opportunities relevant for Consumer Healthcare categories (Pain Management, Respiratory and Skin Health, Oral Health and Wellness)
- Data Mining: conducting review and analysis of previous consumer studies to generate new insights and learning to strengthen current proposition or identify new opportunities for further research and exploration
- Consumer/Sensory Research: assist in the preparation, planning, conduct, data analysis and documentation of consumer studies in CH R&D
- Coordinating with other functions to prepare for consumer research studies – questionnaire review/alignment, sample preparation and shipments, internal clearances and approvals
- Coordinating with respective agencies for preparation and conduct of consumer research studies
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documentation of relevant studies following internal SOPs and guidelines
- Innovation Workshops: assist in the preparation, planning, and conduct of innovation workshops for CH R&D
- Working with internal and external partners to prepare for innovation workshops
- Assist in facilitation and execution of Innovation Workshops
You will be able to:
- Obtain high level overview of the R&D/Innovation processes and activities and its position in the product lifecycle
- Understand importance of consumer and sensory sciences in the product development and market success
- Understand relevance and applications of fundamental science / technical knowledge to industry / product development
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn about the fast-moving consumer healthcare (FMCH) industry and experience the role of research & development in shaping business strategy and success. This role will be based in Singapore.
We are looking for students who have these business skills & competencies:
Business Skills and Competencies
- Educational background – studying Pharmacy, Food Science or Life Sciences related degree (Penultimate students preferred)
- Proficient in use of IT and software/systems, ideally document management and database systems
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deadline-driven, flexible with self-reliance to work in an empowered environment
- Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, and problem-solve
- Strong drive for performance and attention to details
- A keen interest in consumer healthcare science, product and development, and a passion for knowledge
Prior to shortlisting, we will be dropping you a call to ask for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, as we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Research and Development
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.