2023 Graduate Program - Computer Science
What’s your passion? Is it to think up sustainable solutions? Push A.I. forward? Or supporting local communities?
Whatever your passion is, we believe that the best ideas come from bringing together different perspectives. That’s why Rio Tinto’s Graduate program brings together people from different backgrounds to work toward a common goal: to make our future better.
Do you want to drive a change?
It’s time to come together and create tomorrow with a Graduate role at Rio Tinto.
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We’re looking for exceptional Graduates to join our 2023 Graduate Program – Singapore, from a range of degrees for different areas across our Commercial business including:
- Marine Operations/Maritime Studies/Operations.
- Computer Science/Data Science/Data Analytics.
- Engineering – Process/Chemical/Metallurgy.
We want you to help us shape the future of our company – and our industry.
Our two-year graduate program gives you the tools and skills to innovate and invent – to challenge the way we do things and help us find a better way.
- Joining us as a Graduate, you’ll experience our innovative, future focused Development Program where you will:
- Learn fundamental leadership skills by leading a virtual team through a gamified leadership simulation.
- Challenge your thinking and gain outside perspective from futurists and external thought leaders.
- Acquire a toolkit focused on future skills to inspire innovation and creativity through a series of masterclasses.
- Team up with graduate colleagues to innovate solutions for future business and world challenges.
- Grow your leadership skills with 1-1 coaching sessions with an experienced external coach.
- Network with our experienced leaders and subject matter experts.
- Access world-class digital learning.
And much more!
The 2023 Singapore Graduate Program Commences - Monday 3 July 2023
Required Skills and Abilities
To be eligible for the Graduate program, you must be graduating in 2023 (or graduated from 2021) with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the disciplines listed above.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interests in international business, current affairs, marine, maritime and shipping, data science/analytics and supply chain would be a benefit for all Graduate roles in the above listed disciplines.
- The ability to work independently and within a team with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent analytical capability, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerBI preferred but not essential)
- Coding experience desirable.
- Programming language experience desirable (Python preferred)
What we offer:
- Come join our team and enjoy some great benefits:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority.
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment.
- Career development to further your ambitions.
- Competitive salary package.
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support.
- Exciting multicultural working environment.
Applications close Friday 10 February 2023.
About Rio Tinto:
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working:
Rio Tinto Commercial puts the company’s value over volume approach into practice, with the goal of maximizing the value of our physical flows to improve both our business and that of our customers.
Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, our Commercial group works hand-in-hand with our product groups to ensure both the amount and types of products we produce meet our customer’s needs, and manage the trade-off between volumes, quality, cost, and capital expenditure.
Our Commercial teams are entrepreneurial, fast-paced and a highly specialised part of our business. Our team has a deliberately open and strategic culture where we reward the creation of value through innovation and risk taking.
You get to work alongside inspiring and creative colleagues and learn and grow every single day.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.