Reporting to the Manager, Trading and Treasury and Cash Management, you will be:
- Executing day-to-day back office tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner, including confirmation, settlement and recording of all treasury transactions
- Monitoring and executing efficiently day to day Business Unit in-house banking requirements
- Ensuring all tasks are executed in line with approved Treasury policies/procedures, controls and deadlines
- Reconciling Treasury bank accounts daily and resolve all discrepancies/reconciliation items in due time using own initiative and investigations
- Monitor trade lifecycle events, including maturing trades and rate resets, following-up with appropriate Treasury personnel to ensure that they are aware of upcoming maturities
- Self-starter who collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders. Driving solutions to ensure efficient delivery of Treasury services.
- Delivers strong month end close activities and perform back-up responsibilities to ensure that operational activities are adequately covered to support the needs of the business.
Our graduate positions are designed to give you the support and training needed to ensure you are successful in the above position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field Qualifications
- Strong Team player, contributes to building a positive team spirit through contributions in team settings & key working groups in the organization. An ownership mentality, willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Possess ability to influence teams with competing priorities and to work cross functionally with Business, Share Services, Finance, Accounting, Tax and external banking partners. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record in getting things done, managing multiple tasks and consistently delivering on schedule
Where you will be working
The Commercial group is focused on maximising the value of our products; growing value in the marketplace through partnership with the company’s customers, suppliers, product groups and Group functions. Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, the Commercial group provides the commercial insights to drive value along the mine-to-market value chain.
The Commercial group incorporates and utilises the knowledge and capabilities of our global Sales & Marketing, Procurement, and Marine & Logistics organisations, supported by the Market Analysis, Commercial Treasury and other functions, to ensure our approach to business is driven by a commercially-astute and innovative mind-set.
The Commercial group came under the leadership of the newly appointed chief commercial officer on 1 January 2018.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:27th Mar 2019, 3:59 pm