Graduate Software Engineer - Singapore
Here at Wiley Edge, we pair talented graduates with leading global businesses. We’re always on the lookout for ambitious graduates to join the Wiley Edge Alumni Graduate Program, kick-starting your tech career within an entry-level Software Developer role and working onsite with a leading investment bank, located in Singapore.
Our 24-month graduate program begins with 6 weeks of paid training and career coaching, where you’ll learn everything you need to hit the ground running as a Software Developer.
What you’ll do:
If successful, you’ll work with one of our clients as a software developer designing, building, testing and maintaining scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom-built technology solutions.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide input on the overall solution design
- Build and test applications
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement basic performance tuning
- Responsible for ensuring the solution meets business needs
What you need:
- B.S., Computer Science, MIS or within a STEM related subject
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Development experience
- Solid software engineering principles (data structures, OO, design patterns, multithreading)
- Good trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Understanding of COBOL, JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc. Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design)
- Understanding of the formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of test-driven development
What you’ll receive:
- Fully paid, in-depth and interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field.
- A competitive graduate salary
- Pay increases every 6 months
- A flexible benefits package
- Ongoing training and pastoral care
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to start a career in a desirable and competitive industry
Important information on Diversity
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future.
We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we’re proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish by promoting a strong culture of equality and inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond, then please email [email protected] to discuss the options available to you. All conversations will be confidential and will never directly impact your application with us. Please note that by emailing this address, it will not count as an application and only emails regarding reasonable adjustments will be responded to.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Business and Commerce, Engineering, Information Technology
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:11th Jun 2022, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.