Research Technology Software Engineer Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
WorldQuant is seeking an intern to join the Research Technology team. The Research Technology team oversees the processes that manages the Alpha Life Cycle from submission to productionization. In addition, the team also co-manages the pool of Alphas within WorldQuant. Research Technology also works closely with the Research Organization through providing research related services such as maintaining the correlation servers, as well as the research caches using which researchers can use to perform their day to day research activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently pursuing a degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from a top tier institution
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python and familiarity with scripting languages
- Possess a strong mathematical background to better understand the quantitative environment and more effectively translate business requirements into software solutions
- Some familiarity in using databases relational (MySQL, Postgresql etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB) databases
- Self-motivated, independent and is keen to learn about new technologies
- Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Must be able to commit full-time for a minimum of 3 months, ideally available for 6 months and in their final year of study
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.