We are DWS
In 2017, Deutsche Bank announced its decision to undertake a partial initial public offering of Deutsche Asset Management, its asset management business, to unlock the full potential of the organisation for its clients and employees, while producing considerable returns for shareholders. After a successful implementation and rebrand, on March 23, 2018, DWS was officially listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The new DWS name mirrors the recent transformation of the organisation. As a fully integrated Asset Management business with strong client offerings across Alternatives, Active and Passive platforms, we can deliver the full breadth of these capabilities under a single global identity.
As a leading global platform, we are defining our own culture, one devoted to excellence, entrepreneurship, sustainability and integrity. Above all, we are focused on the collaboration and development of our most important asset: our people.
About your internship
Ready to become an integral part of our team? Over a period of 9-10 intensive weeks you will experience what it’s like to work for our international bank. Throughout the course of two job rotations you will gain a wide range of practical experience. During your internship, you will also benefit from training courses, seminars and a variety of networking events. Successful interns will be invited to join the exclusive DWS Graduate Programme.
DWS has over 60 years of investment experience, offering retail, corporate and institutional clients a comprehensive set of strengths and capabilities that few competitors in the world can match. The division combines deep intellectual capital, broad asset management expertise, decades of experience and extensive product selection with strategies across all major asset classes. As of March 31, 2018, DWS manages EUR 676 billion of assets, truly making DWS a leading global player.
Based in one of the world’s global financial centres, you will support experienced professionals who develop products and manage high-value portfolios. Along the way, you will gain invaluable experience at the heart of a progressive business while being exposed to a broad range of areas, from fixed income, equity and foreign exchange to emerging markets, exchange traded funds, alternative investments, hedge funds and our Global Coverage Group. While you can expect a high learning curve as you help manage high-value portfolios, you will benefit from the support of your managers and mentors along with unparalleled global exposure. This internship is an ideal way to determine whether or not a career at DWS meets your personal needs and aspirations.
Areas in which you could work
Opportunities in all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trend:
- Investments (Active, Passive, and Alternatives)
- Coverage Group
- Product Management / Trading
We are seeking bright minds with good academic records and practical work experience who can create a positive impact for our customers.
- Do you have an academic focus on business (in particular, accounting or business economics), communications, engineering or mathematics?
- Are you passionate about finance with an interest in capital markets, investments and credit?
- Do you have strong communication skills and fluency in English?
- Can you work well in a team while inspiring others with your ideas?
- Do you have a flair for establishing rapport and building relationships in order to gain the trust required to advise our clients on long-term investments?
- Are you able to make sound decisions under pressure?
- Are you a quick learner willing to build a long-term career as a business leader?
- Are you a good listener able to quickly absorb new information and ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a creative individual with intellectual curiosity to solve problems in fresh, new ways?
If so, then we look forward to welcoming you to our organisation as you begin the next chapter in your career.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2018, 3:59 pm