Intern - Packaging Development
Site Name: Singapore - Rochester Park
Posted Date: Aug 4 2022
Hiring Manager: R&D Packaging – Asia Pacific
Period of Internship Required: Jan 2023 – June 2023
Preferred School/Course of Intern: Preferably Material Science, Polymer chemistry, Environmental Science, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
We are looking for an intern to assist R&D Packaging team in delivering packaging innovation and sustainability program for the Haleon business. The industrial placement student will work under the supervision of Head of R&D Packaging – APAC, and collaborate with the regional and global Packaging teams to provide appropriate and timely inputs to our innovation and sustainability program
You will be required to support the Packaging team in key deliverables for the packaging sustainability program. Key responsibilities include:
- Landscaping: understanding evolving new technologies, government regulations and industry trends on packaging innovation and sustainability, across Asia Pacific markets
- Materials understanding and fingerprinting: Deep dive into material characteristics and build a fingerprinting database to test and qualify sustainable plastic materials
- Project Management: provide project management support on sustainability program
You will be able to:
- Build an understanding of the rapidly evolving materials & technologies, policies & goals on environmental sustainability and its importance in a business framework.
- Understand industry trends on packaging sustainability and innovations that will drive the future of sustainable packaging in circular economy
- Develop business skills by working closing with the regional and global team of experts
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn and insights about role of environmental sustainability and packaging in consumer healthcare industry and experience the role of research & development in shaping the innovations to drive a sustainable future.
We are looking for students who have these business skills & competencies:
Business Skills and Competencies
- Educational background – studying Material Science, Environmental Science, Industrial Engineering related degree (Penultimate students preferred)
- Proficient in use of IT and software/systems, ideally document management and database systems
Behavioral Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deadline-driven, flexible with self-reliance to work in an empowered environment
- Awareness and ability to work within culturally diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, and problem-solve
- Strong drive for performance and attention to details
- A keen interest in environmental sustainability, and a passion for knowledge
Prior to shortlisting, we will be dropping you a call to ask for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, as we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Information Technology, Research and Development
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.