Quantitative Researcher - Summer Internship
About the Program
Our internships center around hands-on mentorship and a robust educational curriculum that includes challenging classes, interactive sessions, and small group discussions. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, you’ll be matched with full-time employees in your role who will mentor you as you tackle real-world projects they design. You’ll also be able to access our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and hopefully get a real sense of what it would be like to work here full time.
If you’ve never thought about a career in finance, you’re in good company—many of us were in the same position before working here. If you have a curious mind, a collaborative nature, and a passion for solving interesting problems, we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
About the Position
As a Quantitative Research intern, you’ll work side by side with full-timers to learn how we identify market signals, analyze large datasets, build and test models, create new strategies, and write code to implement them.
The problems we work on rarely have clean, definitive answers—and they often require insights from colleagues across the firm with different areas of expertise. During the program you’ll work on two projects, mentored closely by the full-time employees who designed them. Some projects consider big-picture questions that we’re still trying to figure out, while others involve building new tools or systems.
Your mentors will work in two distinct areas of research, so you’ll gain a better understanding of the diverse array of research challenges we consider every day, from reasoning about how best to analyze very noisy datasets to building practical models that allow us to better identify market signals. Your day-to-day project work will be complemented by classes on the broader fundamentals of markets and trading, lunch seminars, and real-time discussion on the desk.
If you’d like to learn more, you can read about our interview process and meet some of our newest hires.
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re looking for smart people who enjoy solving interesting problems. We’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- Able to apply logical and mathematical thinking to all kinds of problems
- Intellectually curious—asking great questions is more important than knowing all the answers
- A strong programmer who is interested in learning to write code in OCaml, even if you’ve never done functional programming before
- An open-minded thinker and precise communicator who enjoys interacting with colleagues from a wide range of professional backgrounds and areas of expertise
- Eager to ask questions, admit mistakes, and learn new things
- Fluent in English
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:12th Apr 2023, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.