About the Program
Our goal is to give you a real sense of what it’s like to work at Jane Street full time. Over the course of your internship, you will explore ways to approach and solve exciting problems within your field of interest through fun and challenging classes, interactive sessions, and group discussions—and then you will have the chance to put those lessons to practical use.
As an intern, you are paired with full-time employees who act as mentors, collaborating with you on real-world projects we actually need done. When you’re not working on your project, you will have plenty of time to use our office amenities, physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and engage with the parts of our work that excite you the most.
About the Position
Sales & Trading interns will join our Institutional Services team, which works in partnership with trading to manage and build out our client-facing businesses. This group provides trade execution and facilitation services to our institutional investor and asset manager clients. Over the course of the internship, you will gain exposure to Jane’s Street’s approach to trading and how we engage institutional clients on their execution needs across ETFs, Equities, Fixed Income, and Options.
You will work on projects that help you develop a deep understanding of our client-facing business and the markets we trade, and hone the skill of conveying this information to build strong relationships with our clients and partners. As preparation for an externally facing role within Jane Street, our internship simulates real-world challenges we face in meeting the needs of and developing mutual understanding with institutional investors, asset managers, and issuers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly analytical and logical thinker, comfortable working with numbers
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial problem-solver
- Outgoing and interested in building relationships with our clients and partners
- Thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Skilled in Excel
- Prior familiarity with SQL, Python, and VBA a plus
- Proactive, reliable, and courteous with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English plus one of the following languages: Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Singapore...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2023, 12:59 pm