2023 Intern Program -Singapore
What’s your passion? Is it to think up sustainable solutions? Push A.I. forward? Or supporting local communities? Whatever your passion is, we believe that the best ideas come from bringing together different perspectives. That’s why Rio Tinto’s Intern program brings together people from different backgrounds to work toward a common goal: to make our future better. Do you want to drive change? It’s time to come together and create tomorrow with an Intern role at Rio Tinto.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We’re looking for motivated Interns to join our 2023 Intern Program – Singapore, from a range of degrees to join different areas across our Commercial business including:
- Maritime Studies/Operations/Trading
- Computer Science/Data Science/Data Analytics
- Programming/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Technology
Our Intern program provides you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, apply skills to real-life projects, and get a taste of life at Rio Tinto. The best part: it gives you the opportunity to secure a Graduate position at the end of the program.
Our aim is for Interns to:
- Build exposure to real-life projects and apply technical skills.
- Build strong relationship through networking opportunities with industry professionals.
- Learn from world-class online learning materials and other resources.
To find out more about the program, visit our Graduates & Students page on our website.
Intern Program Dates: 8 May to 28 July 2023
What you’ll bring to the Intern Program
- To be eligible for the Intern Program, you must be currently studying a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the disciplines listed above and in penultimate year or second/third year.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interests in international business, current affairs, marine, maritime, and shipping, data science/analytics and supply chain would be a benefit
- The ability to work independently and within a team with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical capability, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (PowerBI preferred but not essential)
- Coding experience desirable
- Programming language experience desirable (Python preferred).
What we offer
Come join our team and enjoy some great benefits:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Career development to further your ambitions
- Competitive salary package
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support
- Exciting multicultural working environment
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Commercial puts the company’s value over volume approach into practice, with the goal of maximizing the value of our physical flows to improve both our business and that of our customers.
Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, our Commercial group works hand-in-hand with our product groups to ensure both the amount and types of products we produce meet our customer’s needs, and manage the trade-off between volumes, quality, cost, and capital expenditure.
Our Commercial teams are entrepreneurial, fast-paced and a highly specialised part of our business. Our team has a deliberately open and strategic culture where we reward the creation of value through innovation and risk taking. You get to work alongside inspiring and creative colleagues and learn and grow every single day.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Join us and pioneer a career that will not only build your future, but drive progress for us all, apply today!
Please note, to be considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close Friday 10 February 2022*
*Rio Tinto reserves the right to amend the application deadline.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- accepts international
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
May 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.