Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose? An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
We are looking for a 6 months intern to join us for the period of January to June 2022.
Schneider Electric Energy Access Asia (SEEAA) is a 20M€ impact investing vehicle, set up as a simplified joint-stock company with variable capital governed by French law.
Its main purpose is to contribute, specifically in Asia-Pacific and the world’s most disadvantaged communities, to Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG 7) – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all – by financially supporting companies whose operations have an impact on SDG 7.
SEEAA is primarily investing in equity in early-stage companies whose main objective is to provide clean energy services to households and/or businesses with no, poor or polluting energy access. The target companies can be, for instance, manufacturers of innovative products or solutions, system integrators, distributors of such solutions, microgrids operators for off-grid areas, among others.
SEEA Asia purpose is not only to bring seed and/or early-stage money for the investee companies, but also to build a strong and long-lasting partnership with the entrepreneurs, sharing their vision in terms of impact and providing them with the skills, network and competencies that SEEAA and Schneider Electric team can bring, to help them grow. This requires a good understanding of the energy access sector and impact investing space, the challenges of social ventures as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Lead Investments Manager in charge, the intern will contribute to the execution of the investment strategy through sourcing, appraising, due-diligence, structuring, and executing deals.
The role requires day to day interaction with senior level stakeholders, including co-investors, Schneider Electric management and portfolio companies’ management.
What You Will Do
Contributing to SEEA Asia’s current operations:
- Contributing to deal-flow generation (online research, events, networking and building long-term relationship with key stakeholders).
- Conducting market researches on the South East Asian and Indian markets and writing countries overview memos.
- Supporting the managers in charge of the deals in the financial analysis and due diligences of the companies in the pipeline.
- Preparing materials to be used in defending opportunities for consideration by the Director of Investments and Advisory Committee.
- Implementing follow-up processes with investee companies, including monitoring of quarterly performance and consolidating quarterly reports.
Contributing to SEEA Asia development and day-to-day tasks:
- Improving internal and external awareness about SEEA Asia, including creating relevant content to communicate on SEEA Asia activity and SEEAA’s portfolio companies’ activity.
- Contributing to the reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics.
- Microsoft pack office skills.
- Interest in Sustainability.
Good to have:
- First experience/knowledge of Venture Capital / Impact Investing ecosystem.
- An investment management certificate.
- Experience in social business / volunteering.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:9th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm