Engineering is the heart of our business and people are central to our success. We are committed to the training and development of our engineers.
We provide opportunities for exciting and challenging work with global opportunities and first-class career development.
We are Subsea7, a world-leading contractor in the oil, gas and renewable industry. We are collaborative, curious and always open to learning. Our diversity of people brings new perspectives and smart technologies to some of the most challenging and inspiring energy projects around the world.
Our Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) is our industry-leading and award-winning two-year graduate training scheme which has been developed and continuously supported by experts from engineering and other core functions.
Our GEDS Scheme is a global program enabling engineers from all locations to be in contact. Graduates are important to the progression of our engineering capabilities.
The scheme involves both on and off-the-job development, and it exposes graduates to a variety of engineering experiences and elements of project execution, spanning from detailed installation engineering to opportunities offshore.
The company has a large focus on developing both project and technical discipline specialists within the engineering department.
As a Graduate Engineer with Subsea7 you will be recruited into a role within Pipeline Group, Installation Engineering discipline.
Within Pipeline Group we are delivering project activities and rigid pipeline installation engineering to all the Subsea7 projects, by supporting 5 pipelay vessels.
You will support live projects as an analysis engineer or a method engineer. You will develop your analysis skills and your awareness of methodologies. You will also have opportunities to be involved in our offshore vessel activities. You will be a valuable member of the team and collaborate across disciplines.
What You Will Do
- Under direct supervision, assist with production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing
- Office, design calculations, analysis, reports, specifications, procedures, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidate knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes and standards, legislative requirements, and current best engineering practice.
- Develop awareness of clients' needs; address design parameters and problems; foster and implement solutions.
- Assist in the production of technical documentation in line with Subsea7 standards and processes.
- Become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participate in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc in a junior capacity.
- Recognize the objectives for professional development and strive to achieve development goals.
- Commit to Subsea7 values and work according to the Business Management System and best work practices.
Be part of onshore/offshore operations, depending on projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Our graduates typically have degrees in the following fields:
- Naval Architecture.
- Marine/Subsea Engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Applied Physics and Mathematics.
- Material Technology.
You exhibit the following qualities and skills:
- A team player, with the ability to work independently.
- Initiative and personal responsibility.
- Professional and mature attitude.
- Flexible and proactive approach to changes and challenges.
- Innovative and intelligent approach.
- Ability to communicate with impact. Eager to work in an international environment, with English as the working language.
GEDS commitment to you, Subsea7 will provide you with:
- Support from our local and corporate offices throughout your time on the graduate scheme.
- Opportunities to develop your technical and non-technical skills by attending courses, field trips, and in your day-to-day role.
- The chance to network with experts and the global graduate engineering community.
GEDS is just the beginning - your professional and personal development journey continues throughout your career at Subsea7.
The positions are based in Singapore and would be looking to start in Q4 2023.
Closing Date – 27 November 2023.
Subsea 7 is a global leader in seabed-to-surface engineering and construction services.
The pace of change in subsea engineering is breathtaking and we are already at the forefront of this exciting market, set for further global growth.
Now able to reach previously unexplored depths, we continue to partner major players in the oil and gas industry in opening up new ultra-deepwater developments and discovering valuable new reserves.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2023, 6:00 pm