- See additional jobs only visible to logged in members
- Allow employers to contact you directly
- Always be informed about when your ideal employers start hiring
IT Internship/Vacation Programs for Undergraduates in Singapore
Information Technology and Computer Technology interns are in demand due to the influence of computers and networking in most modern businesses. This also allows there to have a healthy amount of competition for computer internships. IT internships equip students with on-the-job training and expose students to the working world of corporate culture where you are able to learn how to build, create, manage, or support a network, software development or other projects in IT.
Interning in Singapore gives students a wide array of options for internships as well as future careers as the country is known as one of the world’s most globalised cities and major commercial hubs with a rapidly growing economy and IT and ICT being key contributors to the country’s economy. Singapore allows there to be. Many companies offer internships to students, which allows job opportunities for students who want to take up an internship before they graduate and offers mutual benefits for both employer and interns to grasp a new perspective in job seeking and a chance to learn about the working world through first-hand experience.
Why take up an Internship?
- Provide students with a chance gain experience and obtain soft and hard skills
- Gives the opportunity to further your knowledge in your field of study and a chance to build up your credential and CV
- Allows students to get information about their potential future employer and occupation and see whether they are interested a career in their field of study
- Helps build a network of contacts that could be useful in future situations
- Places you in a role where you can make full use of your ideas and skills
What to Expect
Information Technology focuses on the management of IT and hardware and software is used as a tool for IT management to achieve particular purposes. IT can be divided into four subareas which are distinguished as1:
- Business IT Includes IT of trade, stock exchange, insurance, banking and taxation
- Industrial IT The interconnection of machines in manufacturing and production processes within a plant as well as across plant and company borders called the supply chain. Industrial IT has also been directly linked to business processes.
- Communication IT Covers the use of telecommunications
- Entertainment IT Relates to gaming devices and multimedia applications
IT has a broad spectrum of professions that students may be able to intern in as well as choose from for their future career, which include professions such as:
- Application programmer
- Assistant for electronics and computer engineering
- Business IT specialist
- Certified computer scientist
- Chief service delivery officer
- Computer technicians
- IT specialist
- IT system electronics technicians
- IT system specialist
- Mathematical-technical assistant
- Mathematical-technical software developer
- Software architect
- System engineer
- Web designer and etc.
Preparing yourself for the Interview
Once you’re shortlisted for an internship interview, you’ve passed the first step, and you can ensure that you are well prepared for the interview by2:
- Researching the company: Understand what they do (their focus, history, values, etc) as well as the industry they are in and their competitors. You should also know how you can fit into their company by familiarising yourself with the job scope and incorporate their values.
- Knowing yourself: Identify your strengths and how you can be beneficial to the company and be able to answer their questions by researching on possible interview questions. Also think of situations in which you have demonstrated your skills that would be of value to the company, such as good teamwork, initiative, time management, etc.
- Presenting yourself: Confidence is key at an interview. Dress well and be punctual for an interview and also remember that preparation for an interview is always the most important
There are certain internships that are periodic, however, Internships for IT are commonly offered throughout the year. Being an IT intern allows you to engage with professionals working in the industry and at the same time get valuable training in technology and the experience you gain during your internship gives you a valuable insight into the work of technology and/or software and how computer labs operate. There are numerous amounts of of IT companies in Singapore that you may find yourself interning in, including Jane Street, Axs Pte Ltd, Asus Technology Pte Ltd, Navision Singapore, and many more.
1 Career Development & Consulting, IT Internships,, 2015
2 Singapore Internships, Interns Information,, 2015
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.